Skip to main content

Review: Marc Jacobs Mesh Tote♥


When this bag was released by Marc Jacobs last year : I immediately fell in love with it!  But when I went to the Marc Jacobs boutique here in the Philippines only the black is available.  I asked my friend in the US to check this bag for me, but unfortunately it was already sold out.  (hu hu)  Fast forward to April 2024, when I checked their website it was available again and  they added a small size (10" x 5" x 8").  In 2023 they only released 2 sizes : Medium (13' x 6"x 10") and Large (16" x 7" x 13"). 

I contemplated on what size to get, I was opting for the medium size (when it was first released) because I can use it two ways: via top handle and crossbody (it comes with adjustable strap).  Now the dilemma started when they added a small size.  After weighing the pros and cons of Small and Medium - I finally decided to go for the Medium size which is my original choice.  I felt that the size is appropriate for me because I do carry a lot of things.  The Medium size comes in three colors: Black, White and Candy Pink.  My friend purchased the bag for me at Neiman Marcus website and we picked it up at their Topanga branch when I visited her last May.



It's made of sheer mesh (which is lightweight) with chunky zip closure.  The bag is very spacious so it's really an advantage for me because as I have said earlier I carry a lot of stuff.  The bag has the same details of their classic MJ tote in canvas and leather.  I know many would ask why I bought this bag because it will literally show what's in it.  Yes, it does but I bought a pink pouch to put my other things.  Actually you can also use the Marc Jacobs signature dust bag (that comes with the bag) to organize your stuff inside but I would rather use a pink pouch or organizer instead of it.  Honestly I find the bag very unique,  different and I felt this bag would be hard to replicate.  Let's face it branded bags can be easily be copied.  I tried searching for replicas for this version but it was not perfectly copied.


Marc Jacobs Signature Dust bag



It also features multiple interior pockets : one zipped and two slip/open pockets.  The Slip pockets fits my iPhones perfectly (for easy access).  Since I used this bag for travel I placed my passport on the zip pocket.  


Front of the bag

Love the patent material namesake brand that was stitched on exterior of the bag.  


Back of the bag


Marc Jacobs stamping on the long strap hardware

Verdict: ♥♥♥♥♥ (5 of 5)

I love everything about the bag.  Very cute and roomy... great for travel.. It's another Go-to-bag in my collection.♥

Short story:  This bag is a lifesaver during my recent trip.  My Nylon Prada got frayed and used this bag for the rest of my trip... and it did not disappoint.  I can say that this was one of the best purchases I made.



Comments