Skip to main content

US Travel 2024 - Part 2♥

 Here is the part 2 of my US travel...

Day 8 : Mini reunion with my CBCian 88 Batch mates at Burbank California.  Happy hormones flying all over the place... Feels like in high school again every time we were together.  It was really nice to see and catch up these girls.  We had dinner at Oliva Garden.  Then we went to Target, that is just across the place...  I would like to thank them for making time to meet me...


Day 9 : The Vineyard at Porter Ranch, one of the favorite places we went to.  Not crowded, just a chill place...   It's a Sushi Dinner at Tomodachi.. After dinner we went to Glendale Americana...




After we went to Glendale Americana... is such a beautiful place but  it's  too crowded.






Day 10 : Meet up with the Cruz Fam... We were cousins/childhood playmates our grand parents are neighbors that's why it was nice to see them again and meeting their families.  We went to Japan town to buy Sanrio stuff and toured Beverly Hills.





Beverly Wilshire

This is the famous Beverly Wilshire by Four Seasons Hotel where The Pretty Woman was filmed in the 90's.  It's so surreal seeing this hotel up close, being a fan of Julia Robert's movie.










We ended the day with a sumptuous dinner at Yard House in Burbank California.

Day 11: Universal Studios Hollywood!  I have been to Universal Studios Japan but it's a totally different experience here in Hollywood.





DreamWorks Theater


The DreamWorks Theater is one of the attractions here in USH.  It's a motion stimulator attraction which was opened in June 2018.  When we went there their featured animation was Kungfu Panda.  



The  Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  My friend persuaded me to try their ride - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.  All the while I thought that it was just like a kiddie roller coaster ride, but I was wrong.  We sat on an omnimover style bench which lifts us from the ground and pivots while being held above the robotic arm.  It was a Dark side ride that spins around and twists and turns.  I closed my eyes the whole journey because I have vertigo... luckily I brought some meds with me I took it after the ride.


The Studio tour - it's a 60 minute tour of the iconic sets used in films and television series.  We boarded a tram and we went around the Universal Studio compound.  One of my favorites was the 3D animation of Jurassic park and King Kong.  If you ask me if it's worth it - Yes it is!



I need to stop by the Hello Kitty shop... as a big fan of this girl...


We got the chance to have a photo op with her.

We also watched the stunts on the WaterWorld Show.. It was outstanding...truly one of the shows in the USH that you can't miss.

The Simpson Ride :  Tried to shoot some hoops here... I was able to get one in (still have that lucky touch on basketball) but unfortunately you need two shots to win.  




The Super Nintendo World : It's like you are inside Mario Brothers video game... 







My favorite ride was the Mario Kart : Bowser's Challenge but you have to be patient because we waited in line for almost 40 minutes.  How does the ride works:  You need to put on your goggles and you collect coins while you ride Mario's iconic Kart.  It was sooo fun - I love it!

Despicable me Minion Mayhem - just did some photo op with this cute Minion guy...


More amazing photos with my high school barkada Lanie courtesy of her husband Oric.  






Day 12 : Last minute shopping at Walgreens, Walmart and Costco...

Day 13 : A short trip at Torrance California.  Torrance is a one hour drive from Chatsworth but it's worth it.  The place is so beautiful and the climate so cold... Torrance is a coastal city in Los Angeles.  The city is part of the South Bay region of the metropolitan area.  Reason why we went there?  To buy some anime stuff for my nephew at Animate LA.  


  
Before we head back to Chatsworth we had dinner at In & Out burgers again... (last try before I fly back to the Philippines)



Look what I just saw across In & Out Burger.....


The first Jollibee branch I saw in California.  I really wanted to try to know the difference but we're already full.

Day 14 : Dinner at Finney's - it's located at the Porter Ranch (which is now my favorite place in Los Angeles).  I will make a separate review of the restaurant next time.


Now the packing begins....



and this baby doggie Macchi (my friends dog) lie down on my luggage, as if he knew that I am leaving.. He was my play mate for two weeks I will surely miss you, but there's another baby doggie my Mochi waiting at home for me.. I'll see you soon... 

Day 15 : Departure day.  That was fast!  My flight is at 12:35pm (LA time) via Philippine Airlines, unfortunately it was two hours delayed.  We were given snacks but I was hoping to be home at 6:35pm (Manila time).  We had a smooth flight but the plane temperature was hot (don't know if the aircon is not working properly).. as compared to my flight to LA last May 9.  I removed my jacket on the whole duration of the flight (same with person sitting beside me).  I love flying PAL but I think I should try a different airline next time.  Arrived in the Philippines safely at 8:35pm and got out of the airport after an hour.

***Final thoughts

I truly enjoyed my two week travel in Los Angeles USA.  I never thought that I would be able to travel there.  As a single person,  I heard a lot of stories of visas being denied.  I would like to thank my bestie Aya for pushing me to try (and welcoming me in your home).   I know it's part of God's plan that I will be able to travel in the USA.  And I am thankful for the wonderful experience.  Hopefully if it's God will I can comeback soon...









Comments