Skip to main content

Review: Vintage Restore♥






Exactly four days during my USA trip last May my favorite Prada Nylon got frayed.  It's about an inch long on the right side of the face of the bag.  Honestly, I almost cried... was so anxious after that but I tried to compose myself - because I know I can get it fixed when I am back to Manila.  I don't really want to ruin my trip: tried not to entertain negative thoughts but of course on the back of my head I hope I could find a shop that could fix it.  (please note that after I saw that my bag was frayed - I kept it right away in my luggage I did not use it for the rest of my trip.)  Many would say, it was only a bag... but I cherish and take care of all my things be it branded or not.  I would feel the same even it was not branded because it was a favorite.  (a little sentimental also because it was my first Prada).

Few days after I arrived in Manila, I started searching for a shop that could repair my bag.  It's a nylon bag, and most of the well-known bag restoration shops that I know and inquired does not repair nylon material bags.  Most of them only accept leather bag repairs.  But I never gave up...

And then I found this shop on Instagram - "Vintage Restore".  Before I inquired - I did my assignment: researched about the shop, read the reviews...   I inquired: I asked them if they can repair my nylon bag, they asked for a photo... and person who replied told me that they can do it and gave me a price of the repair.  I was super happy!  At last I found a shop that could repair my bag.  




I brought the bag to their shop at The Podium.  There I met their sales associate Ms. Marga.  She checked the bag thoroughly: as she described the bag on the Job Order Slip.  She explained to me everything I need to know about the restoration process.  She was friendly and very accommodating.  I also opted to have my bag cleaned aside from the repair and good thing that time they are offering a 15% discount for their services.

                 Cost of the repair (re-stitching of the frayed portion) + Deep cleaning      P5,500.00
                 Less: 15% Discount                                                                                                      825.00
                                                                                                                                                     -------------
                 Cost of repair and deep cleaning after discount                                                  P4,675.00
                                                                                                                                                      =======

                   ***Estimated time of repair 6 to 8 weeks

Last week (a month or 4 weeks from the time I brought the bag to the shop), I received a message from Ms. Marga informing me that I can pick up my bag.  I'm so excited... I am praying that I will be satisfied with the repair.



And she's back!




My bag was nicely repaired, I cannot wait to use it soon... ♥

Verdict: ♥♥♥♥.8 of 5



Comments