Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Tips: How to remove sticker residue on acrylic or plastic♥




I recently bought a couple of acrylic drawers from Furniture Source in SM Mega mall.  Just a little trivia: I am into acrylic containers  and I love acrylic organizers.  Anyway, let's go back to business, peeling off sticker / adhesive tags, labels can leave sticky residue on the surfaces. (which is kinda eeeky).  



Once you peel off the sticker it leaves a gummy residue, and is really hard to remove.  Honestly, I tried using warm water but find it ineffective and at the same time I am a little bothered because it may ruin the acrylic.  I don't want to use any scraper also since it may leave scratches on the surface.  Then I remembered that when I have this PVC bag I used baby oil to remove the stubborn dirt.  So I tried it.

And Whoala! It was effective!

Here's what I did. 
  • Religiously pour baby oil on the sticker. 
  • Make sure the whole sticker is coated with oil.  
  • Then wait for 10 to 15 minutes and peel it off.  
  • Use your fingers to scrape the remaining residue.  You can also rub it with a clean rug preferably cotton cloth rug.  
  • After the residue has been removed, just wipe the excess oil.



Yes, you can also use olive or canola oil, but it's a little expensive.  For me baby oil is very practical aside from that it smells good.

Hope this trick helps... til next time.

xo,
Chiq♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...