Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Guide in Renewing Driver's License 2023♥

Just renewed my driver's license two weeks ago.  Here are the things to you need to do,  before going to the LTO office: 



source: Google

  • Take the CDE online exam to get a certificate - It's advisable to take the exam online.  The exam is 25 items and I really encourage you to watch the review questions on YouTube, it's a great help because there are questions regarding motorcycles which I am not familiar.  
  • Go to your preferred LTO branch and bring all necessary documents - in my case I brought my License, Official Receipt and the printed CDE Certificate, but they did not actually asked for the copy of the certificate.  I just presented my Driver's license.
  • Medical evaluation - No actual check up, they will just get your blood pressure and weight.  They just asked me if I am wearing eyeglasses when I drive.  Then they took my photo and attached it on the medical certificate.  Medical examination costs P600.00. (Waiting in line and consultation took around 30 minutes)
  • Go to the verification and payment section -  This took so long, waited for almost an hour (before my name is called).  For the 10 year license I paid P585.00 (No computer fee is charged P67.63 five years ago).  And take note: don't expect the Official Receipt same as the perforated and carbonized one.  It's just ink jet printed bond paper.
  • Picture taking and biometrics - This really caught my attention, the LTO personnel asks each of us (in line) if we want to retain our signature and photo.  It's kinda weird, because that's one of the reasons why we renew our ID's, passport and etc.  In updating one's information that includes your recent  photo.  Of course I chose to retake my photo which I think is the best thing to do.
  • License Release - this only took around 15 minutes. 

All in all it took me 1.5 hours (I'm no. 6 in line), instead of starting at 9am they started the medical evaluation at 9:30 am.  You need to really have loads of patience in acquiring or renewing government issued ID.  I don't know if they have encountered internal problems with the processing that day, but as compared to my 2018 renewal it only took me 45 minutes for the whole process. Total expense for this year's renewal : P1,185.00.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...