Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Short trip to Tanay Highlands♥




For months I have been meaning to visit Tanay, Rizal.  Recently, Tanay has become a popular spot for travelers especially the bikers and motorcycle riders.  I have been to Tagaytay last December and the traffic is worse.  Maybe that is why people opted to go to Rizal area aside from the scenic view, cool weather and most importantly - "no traffic".

We drove to Tanay on a one fine Thursday morning... from our home to Tanay it took us 1 hour and 20 minutes.  




We are welcomed by a spectacular view of the mountains and the super chilly weather.  Good thing that I brought a jacket but unfortunately I was wearing shorts (haha).  





Had breakfast at Tanay Highlands Cafe while enjoying the breathtaking view: Overlooking the Pililia Windmills.  Fresh air, blue skies, all the greens, mountains and the cool breeze  - a day off from the hustle and bustle of Metro Manila.




The Alfresco Cafe serves wide variety of dishes from Classic Filipino Breakfast, Pastas and others. Not really a fan of their Capuccino (that's what I ordered) - still a SB fan - Sorry :( .  I had their Creamy Tartufo Pasta and shared  with my nephew and niece their Chicken Mushroom.

Tartufo Cream Pasta

Chicken & Mushroom


As I have shared before, I am really hard to please when it comes to food: because I cook.. I am not a chef but I cook decent meals. (hihi)  I will reveal my verdict at the end of this post.  (*Wink)  The place is clean (especially the comfort rooms) and well maintained.  They have ample and secured parking lot.  What I love about the place is - it's pet friendly!  I brought my little ball of sunshine with me.




If you are bringing your pet with you, I advice you to bring a sweater for them because the weather is really cold.  We were cuddling him the whole time we were there.  But I know he enjoyed that experience.  


My verdict:

Food: ♥♥♥.5 out of ♥♥♥♥♥
Price: ♥♥♥♥ out of ♥♥♥♥♥  
Ambiance: ♥♥♥♥♥ out of ♥♥♥♥♥
Staff: Nice and Friendly ♥♥♥♥♥ out of ♥♥♥♥♥

Overall verdict: It was a wonderful experience... If you ask me if I want to go back.. Definitely YES!  I want to try the other meals they offer.  

***Please don't forget to bring jacket or sweater if you are going to visit the place and lastly, they charge P10.00 for every order of warm or hot water.

xo, 
Chiq♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...