Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Review: Boston Cream Chocolate Cake by The Cakery by Yca♥



I love supporting local and small businesses because I myself is a small business owner.  Last weekend, I received a cake from a friend made by The Cakery by Yca.  As I have said on my previous blog entries,  I do cook and bake that is why I am not really easy to please when it comes to food or desserts.  




For this blog entry, I want to make an honest review on the Boston Cream Chocolate Cake of The Cakery of Yca.  To those who are not familiar with Boston Cream (actually it's currently popular in  TikTok but it's the no-bake version)  it tastes similar to custard or cream filling in your donuts.

The Cake :  The Chocolate cake is super moist, it's not dry even if I tried it without pre-heating the cake.  (Thumbs up for this!)

The Chocolate Ganache :  The rich chocolate ganache is oozing with goodness and garnished with chocolate bits  - it's really chocolatey!

The Boston Cream :  This is really the star of the cake.  Normally a Chocolate Cake is topped with a ganache but adding Boston Cream in it gives a different flavor to the cake.  The amount of Boston Cream is just right it does not overpower the cake and the chocolate ganache.

It is a triple layer goodness!♥




Another thing, when you order their cake it includes an instruction on how to care for the cake.

Price : It's very affordable!  You can click on this link to check their prices The Cakery by Yca - Order Form & Price list .  They also accept bulk orders but you have to order in advance.

The best time to try is now!  It's also a great gift especially now that Christmas is just around the corner. 


Til my next review!

xo, 
Chiq♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...