Friday, September 25, 2020

My Smart Bedroom♥



Who would have thought I will be experiencing - home automation?  I remember when I was a kid, The Jetsons series (which is one of my favorite cartoons in the 80's) were the things in their home are fully-automated. Last year my brother in law gave me a Google home mini, he bought it from the US.  I was so excited with the new toy.  It's a speaker that you can connect to your WIFI and can be used as a smart home control hub/personal assistant.

I downloaded the Google application in my phone, at first I only used it as a bluetooth speaker for playing music, setting alarms, checking the weather and anything that you wanted to search in Google.  Then after a few months to make the most our of the gadget I bought a smart socket and an IR transceiver.

Got my smart socket and IR Transceiver from True Value - Cherry Home Brand.  Since these are electronic devices I really wanted to look for something that is locally made, for safety and has passed product standards here in the Philippines.  Because it is very important that the things you buy specifically electrical or electronic gadgets or devices have passed product standards with electrical safety certificate.

Cherry Home is subsidiary or sister company of Cherry Mobile which is a local Philippine brand.  As I have previously mentioned I purchased a smart socket at Php600.00 each and an IR Transceiver at P1,100.00.  You may also visit their Cherry Home Website they have a variety of things perfect for your home. 

I connected my aircon and television to the IR Transceiver so I just command Google if wanted to turn on/off the TV and aircon or change the temperature of the aircon etc.    The socket I plugged in my bedside lamp, so when I need to open it I just tell google to turn it on.  No need for me to look for the switch.  Very convenient, especially the IR Transceiver I need not look for the remote control and it save me from buying batteries.  And I am planning to add more smart gadgets not only in my bedroom but also to our home.

I just love having these gadgets in my bedroom, it's like you have a personal assistant doing things for you.  Though you may think this will make you lazy, but for me home automation benefits are convenience and control that is aside from savings and safety.  Especially now our "new normal" - we are promoting contactless transactions and touch-free gadgets to avoid the spread of the virus.

Are you also into having a smart home or a fully automated home?  Please share your thoughts and experiences with me. 

xo, Chiq♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...