Thursday, July 22, 2021

Let's get vaccinated: my own vax journey♥

source: Google


In this time of pandemic, one of the solutions that our government could offer is vaccination.  There are a lot of news about the vaccine. I remember at first I have hesitations and choosy with the brand, but as days go by and with the growing number of cases (especially with the surge in India with the new Delta variant) - I realized that I should not be choosy and be open for it.  I still believe that whatever vaccine you will get - it's the one meant for you and you will be protected.  

Last June 2, I got my first dose of Sinovac vaccine.  Yes, the controversial China vaccine, I need not elaborate or write about it because I am not a medical expert.  All I know is that it was approved by the Philippines' Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and it's safe for emergency use here in the Philippines.  Honestly, my choice is either Pfizer or Astra Zeneca but when I went to the vaccination site only the Sinovac vaccine is available.

Falling under A3 category because of my severe allergies leading to asthma (hika), I am eligible to be vaccinated after the A1 (healthworkers) and A2 (senior citizens). As a legit Pasigueña (since birth) I registered online via Pasig Bakuna Profiling  It was not a walk in the park registration, I even sent a text to confirm my vaccine registration via "Pasig Bakuna Confirm" :

 BakunaConfirm<space>Surname/<space>First name/<space>Middle initial/<space>Birthdate/<space>Barangay

After a week of follow ups - I received a schedule via SMS.  I took a leave from work even though my schedule was in the afternoon.  I arrived at the vaccination site earlier than my allotted time, but there are only few people there (maybe because it was raining).  

Here are the things you need to bring:

  1. Pasig Pass
  2. Valid Identification Card (ID) - Government issued ID
  3. Ball pen
  4. Your phone where you received your SMS schedule. (In case the security guard looks for it. In my case they did not asked for it since they have the master file of the people who are scheduled that day.)
  5. Medical records (in my case I just brought the medicines I am taking - but they did not bother to look at it. They will just ask what are the medicines you are taking).
For my first dose it took 40 minutes to finish the whole process: from the profiling, screening, actual vaccination and monitoring.  It was really a thumbs up!  

Side effects?  Thank God I did not have any... I just felt too sleepy that's all so I went to bed early.

The Second dose:  

Well, this I can say is a bit stressful.  Since I got Sinovac, the second dose interval as recommended by the World Health Organization was 28 to 32 days.  Two days before my 28th day I started calling the Pasig Bakuna hotline #72744 and messaging Pasig Public Information Office (PIO) to follow up my second dose.  They will only tell you just to wait for the text, but I was very persistent and asked them if the period of required interval lapsed will the vaccine still be effective?  (I also did research online that it will still be effective but it's better to receive it on the recommended time)  I admit, I was really disappointed with their process.  Since the time of the second dose of my parents (which I am the one also in charge) they got their SMS schedule on their 31st day and spent almost 4 hours to get their second dose.  Luckily, I received my SMS schedule on my 29th day and received my 2nd dose after 1 and a half hours.    

Despite of the stressful process, I am happy that I am fully vaccinated.  Not the vaccine of my choice, but  at the end of the day what's important is: me and my family especially my parents are protected.  And I am very much open for the booster shot of this vaccine to make it more effective.  And hoping and praying hard that this pandemic will end soon... 

So, let's all get vaccinated!

xo,
Chiq♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...