Monday, December 27, 2021

Recipe: Chicken Macaroni Salad





Happy Holidays! 

Macaroni salad has been a staple dish in all of the occasions in our family. There are a lot of versions of this that came out but nothing beats the classic chicken mac salad I grew up making with my Lola Luming and Tita Linda since I was a kid. Been getting a lot of requests for the recipe, so here it is. 

Ingredients:

450 grams Salad Macaroni pasta, cook as per package instruction 
1/4 kilo Chicken breast, boiled and shred into small pieces 
230 grams luncheon meat, diced (you can also use cooked ham) 
165 grams Cheese, diced
1 medium size Carrot, diced 
1 medium size White Onion, cut in small pieces 
1 stalk Celery, cut into small pieces 
200 grams pouch Pineapple tidbits (or small can), drain 
2 tablespoons Relish pickles 
2 pouches 470ml  Mayonnaise 
Sugar, Salt & Pepper 

Procedure:

1. Cook salad macaroni pasta and chicken, Set aside. 
2. Prepare the rest of the ingredients: luncheon meat, cheese, carrots, celery, onion, pineapple. 
3. Place the pasta, chicken and all of the ingredients in a big bowl (I still have the old "enamel" basin which can fit all of the ingredients for easy mixing). Mix together. 
4. Add the mayonnaise, relish pickles. Mix well. 
5. Add a dash of sugar. 
6. Salt and Pepper to taste. 
7. Chill and serve.


This is a super easy dish to prepare. I am not an expert nor a chef, but I grew up helping in the kitchen so it's more of "tantsa" estimates, my gauge is really my taste buds. I used to make this since I was 11 years old and I am sure you will be able to make this. Happy cooking!

xo,
Chiq❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...