Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Afternoon tea at the Pen♥



An English afternoon tea is always a dream since I was a little girl.  Last month, I got to experience it with my Titas and cousins.  It was a double birthday celebration of moi and Crissy (my cousin).  We are both January babies and we are actually kinda namesake (that is both our 2nd names are the same).


  

Crissy reserved a table for us last January 21st... it was a wonderful (and sosyal) experience.  hihi... There are a couple of hotels that offer afternoon tea but we chose The Lobby at Manila Peninsula.  The afternoon tea starts at 2pm and it costs at P2,150.00++ (for 2 pax).  





Why Manila Pen?  It's been a while since I have been there.  My last was in 2007, for my brother's wedding reception.  Still loving the ambiance, the iconic ceiling artwork and the grandiose staircase.

Milk Chocolate Ganache tart


What's my favorite on the 3 tier afternoon tea set - I love the Smoked salmon blini (Sorry I wasn't able to take a photo of it, was too excited to try it! *wink!)  and the Milk chocolate ganache tart.  Honestly, if you are not into sweets and desserts this is not for you.  Me, not really a sweet tooth person so for this out of ten I give at a 6 - that's for the afternoon tea set.  We also ordered french fries on the side which I think everyone's comfort food. 



We wanted to try their halo halo but we skipped it (for next time) and just ordered our all time favorite Filipino snack Turon with Vanilla ice cream on the side.  It was fantastic!  We realized, we're Filipinos at heart enjoying more of Pinoy snack instead of the English high tea.  

We enjoyed the afternoon, sipping our tea, having our light snack and our usual chitchat while being serenaded by the man playing the grand piano at the background. 



I got a birthday surprise!  Crissy requested this when she booked our table.  Blew a candle again after so many years... Happy? Yes of course! I was not able to really celebrate my 50th last 2022, but turning 51 with this surprise birthday cake really means a lot!♥


xo,
Chiq♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...