Monday, October 05, 2020

Tita of Manila♥

We often hear this term nowadays.  Do you consider yourself a Tita of Manila?  For my own personal opinion... "Titas of Manila" is the best description for the powerful and independent women of today (the age of the Millennials).  Yes I do consider myself a "Tita" but not yet a Lola.. (hahaha).. I'm in my late 40's but who cares... age is just a number, what's important are your learnings and experiences through the years.

Here are some of the things you should know if you are one of us:
  • Clothes - we opt for classic looks... plain top or bottoms.  We are more into classic white, black or dark/navy blue, army green.  But sometimes we also love adding a splash of colors into our outfit but not too loud. 
source: Google.com


  • Slip-ons/Slippers - when we reached the 40's mark we tend to experience back pains... (I do experience this too).   I used to wear sky-high heels, stilettos...  now I am more comfortable in wearing flats, slip-ons, sneakers...(1 to 2 inches heels or wedge sandals is still good for me) the transitions is not easy at first I had a hard time but when I got used to it - i loved it.  Though I still wear heels on special occasions...

  • Accessories/Jewelries - Not so much for the chandelier earrings.. but more on the classic pearls and diamonds in bigger sizes.  I remember my jeweler friend told me that as you grow old you must wear bigger and more classic jewelries.  Before I am so into huge cocktail rings (i have a collection of rings) but now I don't wear them anymore (especially now we are facing a pandemic). Now I love wearing a Tiffany or single stone ring, an eternity ring or plain Cartier ring.  But I do wear 2 to 3 rings... 

  • The Bag - my favorite of all (hihi)...  I am into "To-Go Bags" - the bag that fits almost everything that I need... my kikay kit, sanitizer, medicines etc... It's like carrying my closet with me.  That is why the bag's weight is the most important quality that I am looking for now.  At the moment my "To-Go Bag" is my Prada Tesutto B1843M.  I also go for small sling bags when I going to the church or grocery.


  • Loyalty/Discount cards - From Rustans FSP, Laking National, SM advantage, Plains and Prints - name it!  If you are a certified Tita of Manila for sure you have at least 2 of these cards...

  • Make up/Cosmetics - Nudes, Browns is love!  Though I am into nudes since the time I have learned to wear and apply make up... I'm still into it... the "no make up look" is still the best for me.

  • Skin care - For sure every Tita (of Manila) has an anti-aging cream in her dresser... or even a set of skin care products... To be honest I started using anti-aging moisturizer when I turned 30.
What do you think? Do you consider yourself a Tita of Manila?  Share your thoughts in the comment section below! :)

xo,
Chiq♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...