Saturday, January 02, 2021

Top Nine for 2020♥

Happy New Year!  2020 has been a challenging year to all of us, and I know we are all hoping for a better and healthier 2021.  I want to share my last year's best nine.  Although we really don't want to look back on what transpired in 2020 (because we really want to close that chapter), but I am still grateful...  Yes, I'm grateful and thankful for a lot of things:  Me and my family are safe and healthy (even though Covid19 is still present until this day), I still have my job  (we all know that a lot of people lost their jobs because some of the businesses closed out),  my small online business is still open and that really helped me especially during the pandemic.

Top nine (part 1)


When Metro Manila was placed under quarantine there are no other things to do at home: it's either you clean, organize, bake and cook.  Well I did all of that... but that period really brought back my love for cooking and baking.  It's my first time to bake (a cake)  again after almost 9 years...  Every thing actually has a story to tell.  There are firsts, the return and the "imbentos" (new inventions).

Here are the firsts : Orange chicken, Shrimp Aglio e  olio, Baked Salmon, Baked sushi and Custard cake (which was the most challenging to do).  The returns would be the Puto with cheese bites and Siopao (last time I made them was during my college days) and  Chiffon pink cupcakes.  The "imbento"  is the Bacon and Cheese wrap with pesto dip.

I also have a part 2 of my best 9 that is via my instagram account:

Top nine (part 2)


These photos garnered the most likes... ♥

2020 has taught us a lot of things... A lot of lessons learned...  that small and simple things mean a lot...  Time with our loved ones are really precious and we should always make the most out of it (life is short)...  
Prayers and the Lord are our strength....
  
Wishing for a better, healthier and safer 2021 for all of us!♥

xo, 
Chiq♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...