Thursday, August 05, 2021

A Decade of Fabulousity♥



I can still remember when I first opened my online boutique in Multiply, it was August 5, 2011.  When according to Chinese Feng shui, August is a ghost month and you should not open or start a business.  I was not into Feng shui that time but a few years after I checked that the ghost month in 2011 started on the 14th.  But I guess the stars lined up (for me) and through the graces and blessings from God... my business is still here.

I thought that the closure of Multiply site is the end of that, but fortunately I was able to open a page on Facebook then later on I created an account on Instagram and continued what I have started.  

Having a business is a walk in the park... I started making handmade accessories, headbands and then tried retailing (upon request of my clients/customers).  I source my items abroad, I pack and ship them myself, in short I am a one man band... But complaining is not in my vocabulary because I love what I'm doing.  I grew up with my grandparents who have store in the palengke (market) and in a way selling or having a store is not new to me.

Yes, I have experienced a lot in running my online boutique.. Aside from being friends with my loyal customers, I also encountered bogus buyers and joy reservers.  But that did not stop me, because I know it's a part of the online selling world.  Though I am more careful with who I transact with.

Online selling during this time of pandemic, in my case it's a bit of a struggle.  Since my products are not essential (though in the first few weeks of the lockdown I was able to source and sell face masks and face shield) it's not easy but I did not give up.  At the moment it's surviving and I am thankful... Everyday I always include my boutique in my prayers.. and I am glad that it's still here (but I hope the health crisis we're facing will end soon).

As I have said before, having my own boutique is a childhood dream...  I am just living my dream... (*wink)

I would like to thank all of my clients or customers for patronizing my small business, my family for their support and last but not the least to God who blessed me with a gift in selling and for giving me strength everyday.. One of the reasons why I love selling and opened my own store is to keep the legacy of my grandparents... (and I know they watching me and guiding from heaven).♥♥♥

xo,
Chiq♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...