Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Review: Antipolo Beehouse Burrow Café♥



It was my sister's special day last week.  For a change we decided to try Burrow Café located in Taytay Rizal.  It was our first time there, but unfortunately I find the place - overrated.  I'm sorry, but I always give an honest review on everything that I post. 

We know it was an underground café... We never expected that it was too steep to climb and go down on around 70 steps.  We brought our senior parents with us (both 80 years old).  They have a ramp aside from the stairs, but honestly my parents did not enjoyed the going up and down session... struggle is real.  The restaurant not suitable for senior citizens.









As we entered the café, honestly there's nothing spectacular.  I was hoping for something amazing but it was just too ordinary.  Maybe we expected too much.  I did not tried to go around the place anymore.  Another thing, there is no separate restrooms for male and female, two are available but they are both common comfort rooms.  It's not smelly but the problem is the floor is too wet, no staff is assigned to monitor the restrooms.  It's hard to move inside it because you might accidentally slip.




Now let's go to the food.  I ordered Eggs Benedict on sourdough bread with smoked salmon and bacon jam (P575.00).  According to their menu it was one of the best sellers, but I am not a fan.  The smoked salmon is too small and my question is where is the bacon? I haven't tasted any bacon on the jam. 



Their home brewed iced tea (P140.00 per glass) made from talbos ng kamote, ginger, lemon grass and calamansi is so-so.

My nephews and niece ordered truffle cheese pizza (P720.00) they kinda enjoyed this.  We also ordered the Grilled Chicken Mushroom Bordelaise, sweet potato mash (P420.00), Lechon & Gising Gising bowl (P400.00), Salmon Ratatouille pesto cream (P625.00), Tender Beef Tapa (P395.00) and Salisbury steak (P415.00).  Some of the orders came so late... Our mom even shared her order with our dad, my father just opted to take away his order when it came: because we are almost done eating.  (we are a party of 12).

Burrow's Signature Cheesecake P295.00


Burrow's Carrot Cake P290.00


We also decided to try their cakes.  Our family loves cheesecake and carrot cake, so we ordered them.  The Cheese cake is good... but we did not like the Carrot cake.



They also gave us complimentary crème brulee maybe because of the late serving of some of our orders.  


Verdict:
Ambiance: ♥♥ out of 5
Food:  ♥♥.5 out of 5
Service: ♥♥ out of 5

Overall: I find it very disappointing.  The food is - yes very instagramable but the taste is average and in my opinion they are expensive.  If you ask me if we are planning to go back... my answer would be... that would be our first and probably our last.

Til my next review...

xo, 
Chiq♥ 




 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...