Wednesday, November 15, 2023

DIY: Mad Hatter Hat for small dog♥




It's been weeks since Halloween but I was not able to share this right away.  It was Mochi's 2nd Halloween: last year he was Paddington Bear.  This year I wanted him to be the Mad Hatter.  I want to share how I made his hat.   First of all, I got the pattern from www.craftyourhappiness.com , but I did some changes you may also follow how they did the hat but I tweaked mine.  Since Mochi is a small dog, I photocopied the pattern and reduced the size to 70%.  Theirs is not sewn but since I am using a felt cloth then it had to be sewn. (well, I handsewn it.)

Materials:
  • Green felt cloth
  • Green thread, needle, dressmaker pins, and scissors
  • Black Gros grain ribbon
  • Velcro tape
  • Thin black garter
  • Scrapbooking cute materials (for hat design) 
Instructions

Step 1: Download and print the pattern from www.craftyourhappiness.com.  Photocopied and reduced the size to 70%.


Step 2: Trace and cut to your green felt cloth;





Step 3: Sew the hat starting with the crown.  Attach the ends with dressmaker pins then sew.



Step 4: After the crown, it's time to sew the brim.  




Step 5: Then attach and sew the crown shape.



Whoala! Your Mad Hatter hat should look like this.  After this you need to attach the black garter on the brim, so it will not fall off your dog's head.


Step 6: Attach the thin black garter on the hat's brim.




Step 7: It's time to dress up your Mad Hatter hat.   Instead of sewing the scrapbooking materials, I just used a Velcro tape to attach them so I can easily detach them  and use them for other project, if any in the future.


Another tip:  Do a couple of dress/hat rehearsal with your fur baby so he will be comfortable in wearing it.  A favorite dog treat will come handy, while doing the session.

Credits to craftyourhappiness for the Mad hatter pattern.. :)

xo, 
Chiq♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...