Thursday, August 30, 2018


.
Open letter to a friend:

Dear friend,

Hello!  I know it has been a while since we last talked.  A lot of things have transpired lately and these started to build a thin wall between us. There's no denying: from long conversations, chats - to simple hi and hellos - to nothing.  I cannot say that distance is a hindrance because we also have friends from other parts of the world but communication lines are open.  Well, I guess we have outgrown each other.  Yes, we have different views but this should not hinder if we are truly friends.  But I guess that's life people change...

At our age... we are more sensitive now (than when we were younger) but I'd rather not stress myself on anything... I want no dramas anymore.  And I know you feel the same way too.     

I may not be a perfect friend.. but who is?  Sorry for not liking and commenting on your social media posts... But for me the true measure friendship is not with likes and positive comments on social media and being affirmative on everything.  It is what is in our hearts and how we value each other.  I am not perfect, but I'm true and real:  that sometimes I am misunderstood for being too straight forward, but I am proud to say I'm not judgmental. That is why it really broke my heart when I learned - I was judged by someone.. who did not know the real story and who did not know me personally.  The worse part is : you believed her (yes I know you're friends and you are close before we really clicked). I was meaning to talk to you about this to get this out of my head and clear the air but I just decided to make this open letter for the protection of someone close to me. 

Is she really your friend?  then blah.. blah...  ("Kaibigan mo ba talaga sya?")  That's the intriguing question of that person to you... Funny! Because what she told you was about, what happened few years ago... and as far as I can remember it was already resolved... Honestly, I don't know her motive... but she succeeded.  And you have kept this inside you too...

A lot of things had happened, but I just want to move on and let go of this for good... If you think what I said (which she told you) hurt you... I'm sorry.. I hope this will close that issue forever... and open a new chapter...


Learning: "I believe the first test to a great man is in his humility." - John Ruskin

xo,
Chiq♥





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...