Thursday, August 16, 2018

Remembering a hero: The birth of our Democracy♥


I am not a "Dilawan" or "Dutertard", but I always stand on what is right.  I was 11 years old when Senator Benigno Aquino was assassinated in Manila International Airport, naive that time I really don't understand.   Born in 1972, I'm a Martial law baby, so I don't get to experience what really happened during the Marcos' regime.  But my parents and grand parents that time were so afraid that I heard them saying "Magkakagulo na".  They immediately went to the grocery to buy canned foods and other necessities.  I only learned about it when we studied it in school and through the news and documentaries on TV.  I remember when I watched his funeral with thousands of people with yellow ribbons and his casket on top of a 10 wheeler truck with a sea of yellow flowers. That's it!  

But I know (that time) his death was an eye-opener to all the Filipinos.

That lead to the ouster of Marcos and the birth of democracy, our democracy.  

So whatever they say, for me... his death is worth remembering... Because NO modern Ninoy Aquino (will have the guts) in this lifetime would fight for what is happening to our country today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...