Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Recipe: Baked eggs♥



I love breakfast!  Yes I do love preparing "almusal" (breakfast).  It's the first meal of the day.. so might as well have it because it's the source of energy - giving you a kickstart for the day.  Honestly, I don't really eat breakfast, I don't know why but it makes me sleepy.  But I love preparing it.  You can see it on the previous recipes I have shared.  (Mostly breakky lately).  Well, I can only do that on weekends, or sometimes if I don't have work.  Every time I cook or bake I wanted it to be special... so I really exert effort in making them. 

Last week I made Baked eggs for my nephews... and it was really easy to make.

Ingredients:

2 whole eggs, season with salt and pepper
2 strips of honey cured bacon, but into half inch pieces
1 tablespoon Olive oil
Grated cheese
Parsley or Green onions 

  • Pre-heat the oven to 350F degrees (177C).  
  • Brush the baking dish with olive oil.
  • Crack eggs put on the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
  • Add the chopped bacon 
  • Top with grated cheese and parsely
  • Bake for 15 minutes until it's done.

**You can also use ham and mozarella cheese.  
.



Another version of this is.. you can use muffin pan and place 1 egg per cup for easy-portion. You can line each cup with bacon before putting the eggs.

Hope you like this simple recipe.  Our boys loved it!

Before I forget here is a little trivia about Baked eggs : It originated from France and it was also called Shirred eggs.

Happy cooking!

xo,
Chiq♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...